4.08.2014

Apr.8- Made-my-day moment


I was attending simultaneous operations when Bristow Helicopter company just called up to advise that chopper has taken off from base and time of arrival is 30min!

What? I cannot stop the flight now. Instead I requested if they can delay on the air or land on stby on another platform for at least the next hour.

Eventually, my helideck is clear to land and chopper landed safely. 

In a not-so-common scene, a British Pilot just alighted the cockpit and walked towards me, pointing to a direction where he seems as though ready to reprimand me. He is showing a disagreeing look.

Took off each of our head phones and started the conversation:
Pilot: What's wrong? Why a long delay? We have a limited fuel available! -in an upset tone

Me: I have simultaneous ops ongoing and all I can do to maintain safety is to put you on hold until it is safe to receive you. And if you don't know, I have minimum people around to delegate.

British Pilot: then he smirked. "Kuripot ba Management?"

I just burst into laughter! 
yeah, could be the root cause- I quipped.

British Pilot: Ok let's go!

What a relief. 






Walang komento: